Monday, June 8, 2015

A Beautiful Journey

Hey MS people!

Just wanted to drop a note to those of you that I known over the years.  Larrishelle graduated this past weekend (praise the Lord!!) and I was reminded of how much y'all have been such a BIG part of this.  I also think of Julie and Mindy who were also a big part in this journey as well!

I know my relationship with Larrishelle is not over, but it for sure has hit a huge marker.  I have been so privileged to serve along side y'all and see you as a ministry grow, change and be shining lights for Jesus. Y'all are amazing!!

I have learned a lot in this mutually transforming relationship and it has been a tough and beautiful journey.  Lord knows that I had my many moments of failures, not having a clue of what I was doing most of the time and just wanting to quit at some point.  I am still learning only Jesus can  change hearts and I can only do so much and be faithful with what he has given me and the small amount of time I had/have with Larrishelle.  

At this time I don't know what the future holds and just praying about how I can continue my involvement in Mercy Street and what that could look like.  

One idea I had in the meantime was maybe to host small groups of mentees at my place periodically for dinner (6-7ish people)--from different stages/churches etc to interact, share stories, encourage each other etc.  I did this last summer with some mentees from Irving Bible and few others from another church and it was great.   Not sure if you all have any thoughts on that or think it would be a good idea. 

Thank you for all the prayers, help, love, advice, support and just being the wonderful people you are because of Jesus.   I want to be you all when I grow up! :)


Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment