Monday, February 22, 2016

Mentoring High's and Low's


Working with Dee is full of High's and Low's.
So ended up with these great floor seats for today's SMU game. We were late getting to the game partially due to the "crap" he fights thru everyday. So upon waiting for Dee to get ready, I learned two things. One of his teammates had been shot the night before (should be fine, thank God), and his mom got laid off after 9 months from a great job at a call center.

The up's for the day were this text I got back from him last night - "I really thank God for leading you into my life. You have showed me a lot and I just wanna say thanks for everything you have done for me. I have never had a person care about me like you have, so I just want to say I appreciate you." But the other HIGH, you will love, is he's only played football one year, since I've been his mentor, and that was in the 8th grade at Edison, and I swear it was Vince Young out there. So he got invited to a football camp that Baylor hosted. They clocked him in a 40 at 4.3!

Let's get the kid in Orange!

Have a great week.

Dee is the kid next to me, the other two young men are the boys Trey and Melissa Hill have taken in and are raising as their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment