Friday, August 19, 2011

Is Mentor Training Really Worth The Time?

Dear Mercy Street Staff -

I wanted to share with you that every time I go to Mentor training I walk away feeling challenged to step up my game.  I feel the flame within my heart renewed and remember how grateful I am to be a part of this ministry. I am encouraged and re-energized! Now mind you, I also end up feeling guilty because I am not doing enough! But I guess it all balances out, right? 

One of the cool things that happened at the training this past Saturday was when one of the other mentors voiced exactly how I was feeling!  I never wanted to share those feelings because I felt guilty and embarrassed.  I realized then that the only way to encourage each other in this mentoring ministry is to be vulnerable and to be honest wtih one another about our struggles.  Mentoring is not easy! Geez even "uncle Bill" often slips! That sure was a relief! 

I am amazed at how God paired me specifically with Gabby.  She is more than my mentee, she is my little sister, she is my spiritual daughter, she is my joy and I love her.  

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Martha DeLeon

No comments:

Post a Comment