Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Confessions of a Senior Intern
By Tim Thomas

History “His-tory”


He was sent on mission from one who is the cause of all creation. He was not accepted but rejected by many and only approved by some. So they charged and processed his death. As they prepared him to be whipped and lashed all I thought was why? How could they do this to the son of the one most high! Lash after lash whip after whip they beat him until blood ran down his spine like a stream. I wondered. I cried. If I could only reach him. Touch him. Heal his wounds. Would the pain go away? Would I be able to heal his wounds? They dragged his ripped up body to a cell and hammered a cross of thorns into his head! He was tortured and forced to carry his own cross! Beaten for moving slow and stoned for his claim to be the Messiah! I thought why? How could they do this to the son of the one most high! If only I could stretch out my hands to help! To ease the pain. To carry the cross! Only if I was there. Upon the mountain top where the sun set there he was crucified! How? Why? Why couldn’t I be the one to help him? Because he did it for me and my sins. He died for our sins. It was an exchange to make our relationship and connect to God the father whole! But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. (Romans 5:8-11) As this carved a new beginning in history heaven rejoiced for we were made friends of God! I was craved in history. We were carved in history! He died for us to save us from the wrath of God! This is why I say I am History! I am His-tory!

No comments:

Post a Comment