Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Third Time's the Charm
by Laura Alcantar

Taking on the role of a senior intern I never thought it would get this challenging. I have had the honor to see, and experience both the junior and senior sides of the Leadership Institute. All three times I have learned and experienced things that go way beyond my imagination. My first year as a junior intern I learned how to develop and how important it is to have a relationship with Jesus. The second time around I learned how God reveals himself to us through creation in a hiking trip to Colorado. This year I have learned the importance of discipleship and I have built relationships with girls hungry for Jesus. Their desire gives me the motivation to push forward and increases my hunger
for Jesus.  As a junior intern I never knew all the hard work, dedication, prayer, and love that was put in from our leaders to make the internship so great and a learning experience.  This summer I have been stretched in ways that I have never even put thought into. This summer is about meeting the emotional and spiritual needs of our students and putting them first always.


“Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves.”  Philippians 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment