Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sacrificial Service
by Drew Salada



With another week of the Leadership Institute wrapped up, it’s so encouraging to look back at what we have accomplished this week and see how our group has developed since we began just four short weeks ago! Yesterday, as eight different groups of interns left to serve at their ministry sites as usual, I had the opportunity to visit three of the locations and spend time with the different groups. I was blown away! I have truly witnessed the transformation of lives as the students serve diligently, no matter the circumstance. The junior interns are developing servant-heartedness, and that is so special to see. Whether playing sports with young kids at Trinity River Mission, or packing backpacks at HIS BridgeBuilders, or doing classroom projects with elementary schoolers through Voice of Hope, everywhere I went I saw students serving their community with grateful hearts. I am so excited to see where the rest of this summer takes the Leadership Institute, and I am confident that we will continue to grow in love and service as we do God’s work.


Mark 10:45 – “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

No comments:

Post a Comment